- Sign-up begins June 6th.
- Anyone under 18 is eligible.
- Books can be read by or to each child.
- Prizes may be substituted by the library if needed.
- Read or have someone read to you every day. If you miss a day, pick up where you left off the next day.
- You need to read for 45 days to finish the program and put your name in for the prize drawing.
- If you read for 50 days, you get your name in the drawing again, and if you read for 55 days you get it in again for a total of 3 chances.
- After you read, put a sticker on a bubble on your reading log. You have 50 stickers to put on the bubbles on the reading log. If you need 5 more, see the Librarian.
- There is an activity sheet in your packet where you get prizes to help you on your way to finishing.
- Start at the astronaut and follow the rockets. To move on, do two of the activities in each box and circle them. Saturn is the first prize! Keep going! Mars is the second prize!
- Find your way home to Earth for your final prize!
- There is a final prize drawing for everyone that finishes the program. You have a total of 3 chances as stated above. The drawing will be held on August 29th at 10:30. We will also be making slime and having treats. Please sign up at the library for this final program!
Events at the Library
|Thursday, June 12, 2:00pm||Extreme Science Radical Rick will dazzle and delight with his interactive science show. All ages.|
|Friday, June 20, 10:30am||Oil and Water Don’t Mix Fun Experiments with the Moscow Recycling Center. All ages.|
|Thursday, June 26, 3:00pm||The Reptile Man Join us for slithery surprises as Reptile Man Scott Peterson returns for an encore performance and shares his knowledge and experience with reptiles of all types and shows off his own beautiful, live specimens. All ages.|
|Friday, June 27, 10:30am||Fun with Water Rockets Ambassadors from the NASA Space Program will be here with some exciting experiments.|
|Friday, July 11, 10:30 am||Native Drums Program by the Nez Perce National Park. All ages welcome.|
|Thursday, July 17, 3:00 pm||Blood Detectives Hannah Knecht, Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) CM. Medical Laboratory Scientists are detectives in lab coats. They find out all about you from your blood! For ages 8 and up.|
|Friday, July 18, 10:30am||Animals that Spark a Reaction Jen Bruns from Idaho Fish and Game will present some interesting facts about animals.Learn about the displaying of strutting turkeys, grouse and waterfowl as well as elk bugling, and the vibrant colors on songbirds. All ages welcome.|
|Friday, July 25, 10:30am||Stories to Spark your Imagination The library’s own Betsy (Batsy) Bybell, professional puppeteer and storyteller will delight your family with her repertoire of stories. All ages.|
Supervisor: Donna Quiring
1010 Onaway Road
Potlatch, Idaho 83855 (map it)
Telephone: (208) 875-1036